Thursday, January 2, 2014

More Cupcake kit designs...

Hi again everyone! Happy New Year!
Today I have a blog post that hopefully will have you all inspired to scrap those summer photos!!!
This is a recent set of photos of my daughter at the beach for the first time this summer!! Such a beach babe!! LOL!
I have used the December "Cupcake kit" from a Piece of cake designs.


I really wanted to showcase the beautiful range of papers in this kit but also have another play with some gelatos!!!
Firstly I created my background on white cardstock with some sewing and some different mists. I then cut some of the papers into different sized circles and placed them beside my photos.
Then I took some the patterned paper that had a collage of different paper strips on it and also the cut off sections of the other papers and began randomly adhering them to the edges of my layout. Once I did this I realised I needed more colour so that's when I pulled out my gelato from the kit and some others in my stash.


I began to highlight the gaps between my papers and their edges with the different coloured gelatos. Such an easy way to brighten any dull papers!!! I then went crazy and coloured over my circles as well!!!! 
I then added some other elements from the kit like the stickers and sticker words and added some of my own rub ons and a dash of doodling!
The alphas were a tad bright for this layout this time so I used some of my own grey ones.
Well Ill see you again soon! Eb x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Miss EbonyJ....
You blow me away with your amazing layouts. Serious.
This one is just a joy to look at!

Miss Jane said...

Wow, I always love admiring your style & these are just gorgeous...Jx

Donna said...

I just love your backgrounds-truly amazing