Monday, January 6, 2014

First 2 Crafty Post

Here is my first blog post as a resident guest designer for 2 Crafty!!
I have 3 layouts to show this time around all showcasing the awesome 2 crafty pieces you can purchase!
Now I have to admit when it comes to chipboard I tend to leave it raw. So I may not have awesome techniques for you to dress up your chipboard but I hope I inspire you to want to add these gorgeous pieces to your work also!!
So I thought I would start with a Christmas layout since we have all probably taken a heap of photos!
 I'm not a traditionalist when it comes to scrapping my Christmas photos in fact I tend to steer clear of most Christmas themed products! With this in mind I wanted to show you this Christmas layout that doesn't have any traditional Christmas products which you could adapt to any other themed layout!!


I did a crazy photo shoot with my kids by setting up a small photo booth scenery with props! This is my son Will playing up to the camera!! I loved this pose and when I saw it I knew that the perfect embellishment was these cool light bulbs!!!!
                                          I have simply coloured them in with a black sharpie!!

I have also used this awesome sqiggle border piece which I sprayed with white Dylusions mist and then doodled on top with a black pilot permaball pen!


And of course one of my favourite pieces of all times are the chevrons! I can't get enough of them!!!This time I left them raw.
This layout is a bit of a fun one of Selfies of myself and my daughter!! Selfies are so much fun and therefore I think the layout should depict that!
What better embellishment for selfie photos but these cute cameras!!!

I have left the camera untouched except for some black pen work on the edges with my permaball pen. 
The same applies to my loopy font "smile" title. I LOVE this font and I just added some black lines to it to highlight on my layout! 
I have also added to this layout one of the tiny funky frames....
I have just roughly dabbed some white paint onto it and placed it over my photo! Simple and easy embellishment! 
The last layout I want to share with you is one that I created for a challenge site called "Scrap the Girls".
It is a layout in which you had to use 3 photos or more. I have scrapped this layout of my daughter Maya planting our first vegetable garden! 


Thanks for popping by Eb xx

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Soooo original...loooove the way you've 'fussied' up the chippy with the black pen...looove your 'fun' pages....just simply love it all. THanks so much for the inspiration:):):)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fabulous pages, Ebony! Just love your work!

Donna said...

love these pages (but where is the scrap the girls page??)

SueP said...

Great pages Ebony!! love what you have done with the chip-board, sprayed it and doodled it...quick easy....my kinda idea!! Good one!

Heidi said...

Great layouts!!! Love how you miks colours!!