Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nearly here...

Well I know it is nearly Christmas and finding time to get messy and creative can be tricky, but I really wanted to share one of my layouts I have created using this month's "A piece of cake designs Cupcake kit". I LOVE this kit...the colours the patterns and especially the gelato and spray bottle. What awesome value this kit is and so versatile!

I wanted to show you a layout using the gelato and the misting bottle. I apologise that I didn't take any progressive photos but here is my layout and an idea to use the gelato and water.


One way you can create interesting backgrounds with gelatos is o use them like a crayon and scribble onto some white cardstock. I use one colour at a time and then with the spray bottle apply some water. You can use your finger or a brush to slightly blend the colour, but still leave enough of your scribbled lines showing. I also often tip my page up so that some of the wet colour dribbles down and around my cardstock.

You can see here the different gelato scribble lines.


Now I have to admit that I am lucky to have a few different gelato colours in my stash so I have also used "snow cone" which is an aqua colour gelato and I have also scribbled with it .
Once you have done this effect with two or more colours you can then spray and dribble some yellow mist over the top randomly. I have used a Tattered angels "Twinkle yellow" mist and then I have used a "Mr Huey's" custard mist  and a Tattered angel Patina mist to draw lines amongst my gelatos using their nozzles.

The rest of the background is using various stamps and masks and some doodling with a permaball pen.
Once my background was done I cut up some of the awesome papers in the kit into various sized squares.
I then added some strips of the papers ( which are actually the cut off strips from the papers!) and some washi tape, some from the kit and some from my stash. I added some of the awesome sticker elements and word stickers from the kit and then coloured the alphabet black with a sharpie for my title! 
One boyish layout complete but you could easily do a feminine version with the other papers in the kit! 
Have fun creating and I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!!


Eb x

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Thanks Eb for those tips, I got some gelatoes for chrissy and am looking forward to playing with them, so your tips will help! fabulous layout.. and I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2014 too!

BethJ said...

Cool layout! I got some Gelatos but really have no idea how to use them! Thanks for the inspiration. :)