Thursday, July 4, 2013

Water colour love!!

Hi everyone,
I am totally in love with this month's " A piece of cake design kits!!! Awesome colours, embellishmnets......so many great things to mention! What kit did you buy??

This month I was lucky enough to have the cupcake kit to play with.

The water colour paints are to die for, honestly I was so impressed by the creaminess and the vibrancy of the many colours!!!


So I know for some of you the thought of water colour paints may be a bit foreign or even intimidating! So for my first layout I created for this month I just wanted to show you how you can just use any of your favourite stencils and then use the paints to colour them in!


So I have used a "crafters workshop" stencil and a black pilot permaball pen and traced the stencil design onto my background cardstock. You need to use a pen like this so that it won't smudge when you add the water colour paints.
I then selected 5 colours to compliment my layout and roughly coloured each of the chevron patterns in. So easy!!! To use the paints you can just use a wet brush and stir the water into the paint until it becomes activated and creamy. Or you can spritz with a water bottlle.


Once I painted my pattern and it had dried I added  some texture paste with another stencil and added two smaller photos and used some of the really cool wooden veneer diamonds and the text dots to add interest to my page! I also cut some small butterflies from some vellum and the "hello friend" tag from the "pebbles inc. sticker sheet".
I have added in some old rubon words as you can see from my stash and some sequins from previous kits!


I have used the alphas in the kit for my title and lastly splattered a few blaxk paint spots!
See how easy and fun using the paints can be!? Hope you give it a go!!!1

Eb xx

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Love this layout and the sneak peek on Facebook made me buy both the kits this month (actually I signed up for a 3 month sub while I was at it!!)
:-)
Thank you for the information on how you used the water colours too :-)

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous work...LOVE how you 'painted' the chevrons - they look great....I reckon even I could manage that:):)!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Great page!!! ^_^