Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Piece of Cake kit!

Hi everyone!
I have got it all covered this month! I have baby photos and crazy, fun friend photos that I have scrapped this month with the once again awesome kit!!! Just shows how versatile these "Piece of cake design kits" are!

This first one is one of my all time favourite photos of Maya as a baby. her tiny, wrinkled feet. Once I saw the very cute exclusive "Give a girl a blog" stamp I knew i wanted to scrap an old baby photo so I went and had some re printed especially!

So here is my layout...............


I have used white cardstock and some Distress Ink to create my background and then added some machine stitching to highlight my tiny photo.
I have cut up two of the echo park journalling tags and layered them underneath my photo as well as a torn piece of the gorgeous starry vellum! I also cut the little verse from a tag also.

I have used one of the Heidi Swapp tags and cut some circles from the various patterned papers ( some of the colours you see are also from the journalling tags!)



 I have used some sequins ( from my stash as the pink was a little bright for this particular layout) and used a star punch to cut out some small stars! Also used is the twine, the flower , the gorgeous stamp,various stickers from the sticker sheet and an older release "cherry flair".

Ok , so from soft and sweet to loud, bright and crazy!!!
So I have a confession to make, I made a big boo boo on this layout :(!! You will spot it straight away I am sure and I apologise to my gorgeous friend Sharmaine I didn't mean for your face to be red!!!! As we all do I decided I needed some red splatters, and yep I splatted on my photo and i tried to fix it which made it worse !!! :( Oh well I, the joys of handmade!!!! I still love this layout.

These photos were taken at "escape to create" retreat which I was very lucky to attend earlier this year.
I got to meet some fantastic, funny, inspiring ladies and also catch up with some other dear friends!

Lots of Dylusions sprays on my background mixed with a Heidi Swapp journalling tag, strips of paper,an awesome "cherry flair", some echo park stickers and the cute little sequins.
I have also used the exclusive stamp here by just stamping the small stars. Love it mixed in the clusters of sequins!


Well I wiEb xxxth more shares soon !
Eb xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving all the machine stitching you inspired me to give it a go! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I was looking at the same photos the other day. FUN TIMES!!
DOn't mind being red faced lol
Love your layouts, miss scrapping next to you.. Think you give my mojo a boost!

BethJ said...

Amazing, as usual! :)